One of the greatest illusions created in the world is wealth. There is so much disparity in the world. There is no logical reasoning or explanation as to why someone is born in Africa and suffers for a piece of bread, while there is surplus bread elsewhere which is often wasted.
There are eight types of wealth:
1. Wealth as material comfort: The first type of wealth is what we commonly understand as the material wealth. Just being born in Ford’s home, somebody acquired so much wealth without any effort. Some inherit wealth, while some have to toil all his life to make money.
2. Wealth as health: Just having money is not sufficient. Some people have a lot of money but they cannot eat well because of some disease. In this such a situation material wealth is nothing. Some people do not have money, but they have enough to eat and they are healthy.
3. Wealth as success: Some may be born into a very wealthy family but they face failure in whatever they do. They are never successful in whatever they undertake. So success is another form of wealth.
4. Wealth as courage: One must see life as an adventurous game and should play the game without worrying about the outcome, whether you win or lose. But if one is afraid of making mistakes or doing anything, one lacks the wealth of courage. If one lacks the wealth of courage, there is no fun in life even if the person has a lot of money. Someone may not have any money, but if they possess courage, they reflect wealth.
5. Wealth as friendliness: The fifth type of wealth is friendliness – having a caring attitude, having a sense of belonging. You may have the other types of wealth, but you still feel as though you are in a tight compartment, if you don’t have a sense of belonging. If you cannot put yourself into every situation and adjust yourself, you’ll still feel alienated.
6. Wealth as skill: Another wealth is having different skills and talents. Some people write well, some are good in debating, some have a knack for music, some have a wonderful voice, some cook well, some are talented in bringing up a child, some are good in administration, and so on. There are people who put their maximum efforts to achieve what they want yet they fail to achieve their goal. So effort alone is not enough to achieve one’s goal, you need the wealth of skill.
7. Wealth as dignity: The world is full of lessons if only we observe it with full awareness. Be as humble as the grass, then nothing can touch you, nothing. No one can humiliate you. In the eyes of the divine, it is those who serve the creation that are the true kings and queens. Walk like a king and be a perfect servant!
8. Wealth as memory of the source: The eighth type of wealth is the memory of your Source. Our memory is very short. It appears this is the only life. We are not aware of our Source. The moment you become aware of your Source and your infinite past, your whole life changes – like somebody suddenly becoming aware of how wealthy he (or she) is. It causes a shift in the awareness. Your style of walking will change immediately! This is the awareness of the Source. You don’t even have to remember all the drama that you went through – it’s enough if you just remember the Source. The memory of the Source is a great wealth. It makes life one continuous stream – not “cut off” – not in pieces. These are the eight types of wealth.